Syscoin Core 4.3.0
4.3.0 Release Notes
Syscoin Core version 4.3.0 is now available from:
This release includes new features, various bug fixes and performance improvements, as well as updated translations.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at GitHub:
Upgrade Instructions: https://syscoin.readme.io/v4.3.0/docs/syscoin-43-upgrade-guide Basic upgrade instructions below:
How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over
/Applications/Syscoin-Qt (on Mac)
syscoin-qt (on Linux).
If you are upgrading from a version older than 4.2.0, PLEASE READ: https://syscoin.readme.io/v4.2.0/docs/syscoin-42-upgrade-guide
This should reindex your local node and synchronize with the network from genesis.
Syscoin Core is supported and extensively tested on operating systems using the Linux kernel, macOS 10.12+, and Windows 7 and newer. It is not recommended to use Syscoin Core on unsupported systems.
A target block height of 1317500 has been set as the upgrade blockheight. This will happen at approximately December 6th 2021. A more accurate countdown counter can be found at syscoin.org.
Nodes not upgraded to Syscoin Core 4.3 will NOT be able to sync up to the network past block 1317500 After the block height, 2 new changes will be activated on the network
- Syscoin block time will be increased to ~2.5 minutes per block; block reward will be adjusted accordingly
- Syscoin NEVM will launch
This upgrade brought in upstream changes from Bitcoin from 0.21.1 - 0.22.0 and tracking on the latest commit on master branch. For changelog brought in from upstream, please see the release notes from Bitcoin Core.
Syscoin Core should also work on most other Unix-like systems but is not as frequently tested on them.
From Syscoin Core 4.1.0 onwards, macOS versions earlier than 10.12 are no longer supported. Additionally, Syscoin Core does not yet change appearance when macOS “dark mode” is activated.
Syscoin Core Changes
Bitcoin 0.22+ Core engine is now used to power consensus and security of Syscoin Core. The changeset is here in this Pull request: https://github.com/syscoin/syscoin/pull/421
Block time Change
- Syscoin PoW consensus block time will be changed from ~1 minute per block ~2.5 minutes per block starting at block height 1317500
Block reward Change
- Block reward has been updated to reflect on the block time change
- NEVM, an EVM compatible operating layer as described in https://jsidhu.medium.com/a-design-for-an-efficient-coordinated-financial-computing-platform-ab27e8a825a0 will be active after block height 1317500
Quorum Type Change
- Syscoin 4.2 only brought in LLMQ type LLMQ_50_60 and used it for chainlock
- Syscoin 4.3 uses LLMQ type LLMQ_400_60 instead
Additional Governance Issuance
- As per proposal voted through on Superblock 29, at block height 1270200, additional governance fund of 100m SYS will be issued on NEVM network at launch
Removed Startup Argument
Added Startup Argument
- gethcommandline: Forwards any command-line argument to sysgeth as a startup argument
- zmqpubnevm: Enable NEVM publishing/subscriber for Geth node
- syscoingetspvproof: Return object now includes a NEVM blockhash
- getnevmblockchaininfo: Return nevm related information
Thanks to everyone for the continued support of Syscoin.